Job Vacancy: Assistant Claims Manager – General Business
Job Ref. No. ACM/HR/04/2018
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK.
The Short-Term Business (GB) is seeking to fill the above listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the General Insurance field.
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Claims Manager – General Business, the Assistant Claims Manager will provide functional, technical and process support to the leadership of the department.
In addition he/she will be responsible for the development of departmental staff so as to ensure a competent team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of short and long term objectives, policies and operating procedures for the department in accordance with industry standards to ensure the department remains competitive in the industry
- Provide expertise and general claims support to the claims team in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and reviewing coverage
- Prepare periodical claims reports, weekly claims statistics and other ad hoc reports as may be required from time to time
- Analyze performance of service providers within set service standards and make appropriate recommendations and follow up implementation as necessary
- Liaise with Underwriting and Legal Departments on claims matters, trends and technical policy interpretation
- Ensure that all claims are processed within the scope of cover provided at the underwriting level and that all payable claims are settled promptly and service providers paid on time.
- Assist in identifying the training needs of the claims staff in the department and ensure that they are mentored, trained and empowered so as to meet the company goals and objectives
- Supervise all claims recovery processes ensure that recoveries are made on time and at minimal costs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance or its equivalent
- Diploma in Insurance (AIIK or CII) required
- At least 8 years’ experience in claims management, with three (3) years at a supervisory /Asst. Manager level.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong Leadership and organizational skills
- Broad knowledge of Kenya and international insurance claims laws
- Demonstrable ability to build business-to-business relationships
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interface effectively and work harmoniously with all staff levels
- Ability to apply correct judgement in claims decisions
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to email@example.com by 16th April 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, therefore canvassing will automatically be disqualified
Assistant Claims Manager (General Business)
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||