Laboratory and Allied Ltd
Job Advertisement: Assistant Imports Officer
We are looking for a self-driven, highly organized person to join our Imports team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through proper tracking of shipments and communicate with clients about the package’s progress.
- Processing of documents for importation purposes by working in close relations with government agencies like KRA,
- Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance and delivery
- Coordinates payments of various importations legal fees.
- Clerks also deal with quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Maintain and ensure safe custody of all importation documents and files.
- Liaise with suppliers on quotations, supplies and payment.
- Advise management on each and every consignment status and what payment is to be done.
- Checking on the imports quotas, tariffs, trade agreements and customs regulations among
- Checking of goods in as they arrive against the delivery note and the order to ensure that all goods ordered are accounted for.
- Compute international fees then liaise with Accounts department on payment issue.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business Management or Supplies Management
- Over 4 years’ progressive experience in the same position
- A team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
If you possess the above qualifications, please send your CV only to email@example.com on or before close of business 20th April 2018.