Vacant Position: Assistant Locomotive Maintenance Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Locomotive Maintenance Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job: The Locomotive Maintenance Engineer is required to carry out locomotive maintenance as well as daily turn round service (dtrs) on the locomotives.
This will involve; supervision and reviewing the work of staff responsible for locomotive maintenance and work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; and performing related duties as assigned.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure safety of way works in his /her charge;this consists of inspections and planning of track maintenance related tasks and ensuring track provides for safe and uninterrupted train operations.
- Ensure quality and progress of new works by preparing plans and estimates, measurements and executions.
- Maintain Records for all the locomotives as well as planed scheduled services
- Able to perform root cause analysis on Component failure of locomotives.
- Be able to assess the Inventory needs of the workshop and liaise with procurement to prepare orders
- Coordinate and supervise locomotive maintenance team leaders
- Prepare annual Locomotive Maintenance budget requirement.
- Control expenditure in relation to budget allotment.
- Handle emergencies quickly coordinate team members and have the locomotives back up and running
- Ensure staff discipline is maintained within the frame work of rules.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical and Electronic Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Registration by Engineers Board of Kenya
- Knowledge in Locomotive maintenance will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of workshop principles and practices of safety in a workshop
- Minimum 4 years’ Hands On experience in the maintenance operations, in a workshop, automotive or FMCG Industry
- Ability to coordinate and manage maintenance staff.
- Be able to coordinate with other teams from departments within the company
- Analyzing Root Causes, and evaluating alternatives and recommending solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights and/or weekends as required.
- Able to work long hours, in inclement weather conditions and exercise good judgments.
- Must be able to inspire and motivate the team of staff.
- Very Much results oriented and passionate and self driven by interest to excel
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the opportunity, please share your CV containing and e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience and contacts of three referees to email: Executivesearch@humantalentrecruit.com by COB Monday 4th May 2018.
Kindly quote the job title as the subject line.
N.B – Only successful candidates will be contacted.