Job Vacancy: Beverages Area Sales Manager – Nairobi
Location: Nairobi Area
Salary: 150K + Commissions
Our client is one of the largest manufacturer and distributors of assorted beverages.
They are looking for a well experienced and results oriented Area Sales Manager to cover the Nairobi Area, build and manage a high performance sales teams and strategies to effectively achieve business objectives.
He /she MUST have relevant prior sales experience in FMCG.
Beverages Area Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the product line to maximize sales revenues and meet company objectives.
- Establishes and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales, marketing, and Distribution personnel.
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishing marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Coordinates distribution of products and customer service including complaint handling and satisfaction surveys.
- Identifying marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improving product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Lead preparation and scheduling for quarterly business review meetings with all regional representatives to review progress on strategic plans
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
- Plan regular visits to Key Accounts as well as the General Trade in Nairobi and the regions
- Review weekly market intelligence reports from the sales executives and ensure there have set priorities for the month and that there is progress on the same.
- Review weekly sales report together with the sales team and ensure they are all aligned.
- Receive weekly sales report with action plans for any individual outlet that is behind target from the sales executives.
- Prepare monthly regional penetration and sales’ progress reports.
- Receive quarterly price surveys – wholesale buying and selling prices from the regions.
- Ensure all accounts are operating within the agreed limits, and collections are made on time.
- Ensure route to market strategies is well executed so as to deliver maximum product availability and ROI to the company.
- Ensure development of close relationships with Key customers including key accounts, distributors and other stakeholders relevant to the success of the business.
- Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related fields.
- Professional Certification
- Minimum of 4-5years progressive Sales, Marketing, Logistics & Distribution and Customer Service experience in FMCG sector.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies, excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand and process sales data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven team work and leadership skills, and the ability to successfully build and manage a team and mentor all staff and agents in order to support business growth
- Organized, systematic and process oriented with good administrative skills;
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work under minimal supervision and willingness to be responsible for a varied set of tasks that will support the company’s growth and expansion
How to Apply:
If this describes you and are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Beverages Area Sales Manager – Nairobi) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 3rd May 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV