Vacant Position: Branch Accountant – Mombasa
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Branch manager and Business Controller
Main Purpose of the Job: The Branch Accountant will report to the Branch Manager with a dotted line to the Branch Controller.
Key responsibilities will be to ensure adherence of the branch to company procedures and policies, finding solutions to internal challenges, ensuring compliance to accounting principles.
- Responsible for organizing and efficiency of accounts staff
- Ensuring all branch operational transactions are approved in line with authorized procedures and policies
- In charge of internal control procedures at the branch and as per the PACI guidelines
- Ensure PPI and WIP counts are carried out as requested
- Ensure all receipts are accounted for and collections are banked
- Handles receivables and payables
- Handle company’s correspondence as deemed necessary including those related to company properties and any legal demand
- Approving petty cash, cheque vouchers and LPOs according to laid down limits of authority
- Management of office stationary and office supplies
- In charge of all company assets, company vehicles, computers and accessories at the branch
- In charge of branch staff personal records and files ensuring their accuracy and completeness
- Maintain back up of all files
- In charge of company service providers i.e. cleaning, staff canteen and security
Minimum Requirements / Personal Attributes and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce or Accounting
- Professional qualification – CPA (K) or ACCA
- Competence in Ms. office packages
- 3 years working experience as an Accountant
- Attention to detail
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong oral, interpersonal and written communications skills
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the opportunity, please share your CV containing and e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience and contacts of three referees to email: Executivesearch@humantalentrecruit.com by COB Monday 4th May 2018.
Kindly quote the job title as the subject line.
N.B – Only successful candidates will be contacted.