The Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) is the national umbrella organisation for employers in Kenya and its key mandate is to promote the interests of employers.
FKE seeks to ensure that national labour and social policy provides an environment favourable to enterprise sustainability and job creation. We are seeking to engage a dynamic and results driven professionals whose terms of reference are as follows:-
Building Project Manager
The Project Manager will be in charge of implementing all aspects of the FKE building project which has already been approved by the Board and members.
I. Preliminary Feasibilities
- Define & evaluate best use and or options for the property.
- Develop concept designs and preliminary costings.
- Conduct preliminary financial analysis on preferred end use options.
- Implement risk minimization strategies to secure optimum economic and financial returns.
II. Concept Design and Planning
- Develop design briefs with relevant consultants.
- Arrange site audits.
- Develop budget estimates and cost plans.
- Manage the property design phase.
III. Fund raising.
- Prepare funding proposals.
- Implement the approved fund raising strategies.
IV. Government and Local authorities Approvals
- Liaise with the relevant approval authorities and negotiate/gain approvals in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Advise and liaise with all the other relevant stakeholders
V. Project Development
- Prepare expression of interest or tender documentation
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Liaise with the consultants to ensure appropriate financial, commercial and legal risks relating to the project are documented.
- Oversee the tender process and negotiate formal award of contracts.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Monitor the project’s progress and keep management advised on cash flow, legal, taxation or any other issues that may arise.
VI. Project Management
- Manage the consultant team and the contractor to ensure that the key deliverables relating to time, cost and quality are achieved.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Introduce best-practice systems of project and construction management, leading the implementation of quality control and relationship management techniques.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
3. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Degree in Structural Engineering/Architectural Engineering /Building Construction or related field.
- Those with Higher Diploma on the same with 15 years’ experience will be considered.
- At least 6 years’ experience in project management
- Proven track record of completing projects successfully.
4. Key Skills and Competencies
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
5. Personal Attributes
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (indicating current and expected salary), and CV with 3 professional referees through: Recruitment@fke-Kenya.org or addressed to the undersigned to reach us not later than Friday, April 20, 2018.
Federation of Kenya Employers
Waajiri House, Argwings Kodhek Rd, Milimani
P.O. Box 48311-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.