Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager
Job Ref: EHC/1085/18
The Role: To improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. He will define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- To prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Develop rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff and clients needs.
- Manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company.
- Develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company; this requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide and the company’s competitors.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so as to continue to enhance the company’s performance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, commerce
- At least 5 years of sales and marketing experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/medical industry would be an advantage.
- Public Speaking,
- Closing Skills,
- Motivation for Sales,
- Prospecting Skills,
- Sales Planning,
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges,
- Territory Management,
- Market Knowledge,
- Meeting Sales Goals,
- CRM and Microsoft Office.
To apply for this position, send your CV to email@example.com by 10th May, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Business Development Manager
Sales and Related
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||