CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya
Vacant Position: Capacity Building Officers
Type of Engagement: Contractual
Organization Introduction: CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of this project is to assist 2,430 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
- Introduce the CBET/BEST model to the VTCs.
- Work with the county governments to ensure acceptability of the BEST model.
- Develop tools to monitor and evaluate the impact of capacity building initiative.
- Champion for effective implementation and delivery of CBET/BEST model aspects in the VTCs.
- Conduct regular assessments on CBET/BEST model implementation in the VTCs and put in measures in place to address the gaps if any.
- Plan on when to conduct impact survey of capacity building aspects implementation by the VTCs.
- Submit accurate, complete and timely reports as required on weekly, quarterly, half yearly or annual basis as required.
- Use the feedback obtained from the surveys conducted to make any necessary changes that will have positive impact on the program.
- Facilitate capacity building/training program to be conducted by CAP YEI to VTCs
- Coordinate training activities including organizing and planning training workshops logistics.
- Visit various VTCs to assess implementation progress.
- Provide hands on training to theVTC instructors in curriculum delivery the CBET/BEST way.
- Collect evidence of CAPYEI capacity building implementation by the VTCs
- conduct and/or lead capacity development needs analysis for trainees to determine learning outcomes needed for trainee’s success and collect information about target beneficiaries
- Develop and implement methods to monitor and evaluate the results of capacity building programs and capacity building initiatives.
- Coordinate knowledge management and sharing for capacity building initiatives
- Devise ways of making the capacity building initiative sustainable and reliant
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
- Candidates with experience in TVETS will be highly considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent a must
- At least One (1-2) years experience in Capacity building.
- Must have passion working with young people.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Networking skills a must.
- Highly flexible
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV by applying by 30th April 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: CAPYEI does not charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.