Job Vacancy: Hygiene Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Industry: Retail
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit a Hygiene Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- To identify key areas of risk in various food operations for early remedial actions
- To ensure compliance with the regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food businesses
- To monitor the health condition of food handlers and to arrange medical examination or suspension of work where necessary
- To provide in-house training for the food handlers
- To handle complaints or enquiries from customers on food hygiene matters
- To act as a focal point of contact with the Food and Environmental Hygiene department
- Regular auditing of site; Hygiene and Health and Safety.
- Responsible for checking establishments and workplaces to ensure that the place is safe and is not hazardous for the workers.
- Inspects the buildings and to ensure that the place is safe from diseases or viruses that may harm the workers. They test the air and water of the place to ensure that it is conducive for working.
- Inform the workers or the owners of the building about the condition and how to maintain cleanliness in the area. They also educate them on how to up the safety and cleanliness level of the place.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- 5-7 years’ experience in the retail sector
- Certified in food safety/ HACCP or equivalent
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online on or before C.O.B 8th May 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement