Our client is a leading outdoor advertising company in Kenya with over 200 billboard faces across the country.
The business is known for having good quality locations and for its customer service.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
The Chief Accountant will be responsible for implementing the company’s financial policies, financial processing and identifying investment opportunities that will ensure the value of the company’s assets are protected.
- Advising the CEO and BoD on the financial implications of business/project activities.
- Leading the design and implementation of the structure of financial resources and all financial operations of the company.
- Providing internal leadership and direction to immediate reports of the Finance Department.
- Assisting in recruiting new officers for the department and develop training models for the department’s staff
- Generating relevant projections and weekly forecasting, and manage the capital needs and budgeting process of the company.
- Determining billboard occupancy, revenue, profitability per billboard face, and develop pacing reports.
- Maintaining internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, project budgets and actual expenditures.
- Preparing of monthly management accounts and annual statutory financials statements; and communicating the analysis to CEO and Board on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Participating in the Operational Review meetings and represent the finance division in those meetings.
- Serving as the primary interface on all banking, treasury and board-level presentations.
- Preparing terms of reference and overseeing the consultancy in the field of the financial advisory firms to be engaged by the company.
- Ensuring that existing finance guidelines and related administrative procedures are adhered to, and updated where necessary
- Overseeing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems hence ensuring compliance with appropriate IFRS standards and regulatory requirements
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferably augmented with an MBA.
- CPA (K) or ACCA Qualifications
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a financial management capacity
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounting Software
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial compliance and governance requirements
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th April 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “CHIEF ACCOUNTANT”.
Include your current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.