Job Vacancy: Chief Credit Risk Officer
Job Purpose: To provide leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company’s credit risk.
To ensure that the company’s credit risk management policies, limits, and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, strategic imperatives and risk appetite of the organization.
The purpose is also to oversee all credit risk management activities of the bank and provide oversight, support, guidance, direction and coaching to ensure the overall quality of the credit portfolio.
- Ensure that key credit issues and risk exposures are thoroughly analyzed and effectively presented and that credit decisions are acceptable and the risk initiatives appropriately mitigate the risk exposure.
- Actively participating in risk committee meetings and management credit risk discussions and to Chair the Credit Committee
- Ensure that credit actions adhere to credit policy and regulatory requirements and that assigned risk ratings are accurate and justified.
- Continually gather information from relevant industry developments, trade publications, seminars, courses, etc.
- Manage, direct and lead credit risk personnel who cover corporate, small Medium Enterprises (SME), consumer credit risk and collection.
- Represent the Bank in discussions with regulators on credit risk.
- Ensure the Bank’s Data complies with all relevant regulations, guidelines and credit risk requirements.
- Perform or oversee gap analyses for new credit risk regulatory requirements and policy enhancements to ensure timely closure of gaps.
- Deliver presentations regarding key credit risk issues, exposures, etc. to key internal clients and regulators.
- Monitor and report on credit risks to maintain tolerances within the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Design risk measures including stress tests and portfolio metrics to monitor credit risks to the Banks Data.
- Work closely with business and other risk management personnel to understand emerging risks.
- Monitor credit portfolio and ensure issues are escalated and resolved timely to provide independent Credit risk reports to management and the Board at prescribed intervals and to assist management to make informed decisions regarding Credit risk
- To participate in the strategic planning process of the bank each year and provide advice and communication to Management Board of the impact of the various risks on the bank’s strategy.
- To agree targets with team members, monitor performance and performance reviews for team members as per stipulated guidelines
- To coach and develop staff as required in order to drive optimal team performance.
- To share knowledge and experience and best practice with team members in order to ensure that team performance complies with set standards
Key Output: Portfolio management and performance
Key Outputs: Internal and external stakeholder engagement
Key Outputs: Availability of accurate and timely Credit Risk Management Information for all stakeholders
Key Outputs: Team leadership, management and mentoring
Financial Dimension Funds:
- Credit Risk Division Budget
- Head Retail Credit
- Head Corporate Credit
- Head Portfolio Management
- Head Credit Administration
- Personal Assistant
- Credit Risk Departmental Staff
Internal / External Contact
- Regulators on statutory matters
- All Divisions
- All Credit risk management issues in the bank
- Department budget approvals
- Staffing decisions for Heads of Department
Non Autonomous Decisions:
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk, Business Administration or a related field required
- Master’s degree in Finance, Risk, Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Recognized professional certifications preferred
Preferred Work Experience
- Experienced in implementing or operationalizing Basel I and II frameworks and also operating under IFRS9 reporting standards implications as it pertains to credit Risk
- 15+ years of work experience in a financial services risk management or related role
- 10+ years people management experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding of credit risks and controls
- Experience working with regulatory bodies
- Relationship builder who can establish trust, confidence and credibility with senior leaders, executives, and regulatory bodies and a team player
- Strong quantitative background; exceptional attention to detail
- Solid understanding of credit risk management
- Ability to proactively think about current and potential risk issues and how best to apply to the Bank’s credit risk management practices
- Self-starter who works well in rapidly changing environment with multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills
Reference Documents (Frameworks and Boundaries)
- Risk management Policies, Procedures and Manual, Risk Appetite Statement, BFSA and other Central Bank regulation
Operating Environment (e.g. Physical Demands and mental requirements) High pressure
- Long hours and travel when required
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as Chief Credit Risk Officer
Chief Credit Risk Officer
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||