Lake Victoria North Water Services Board was established in March 2004 vide gazette notice No.1714 under the Water Act 2002 as a State Corporation.
The mandate of the Board is to ensure efficient and economical provision of water and sewerage services within its area of jurisdiction.
The Board seeks to recruit experienced and dynamic professionals to fill the following management positions within its establishment.
Chief Manager, Technical Services
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Key duties and responsibilities
- Directing, co-coordinating, controlling and managing the Board’s technical operations and ensuring good maintenance of infrastructure for quality water and sewerage services.
- Overseeing the planning, designing and monitoring of construction works.
- Carrying out effective consultation with all key stakeholders at the conceptual and planning stages.
- Developing or adopting technical standards for incorporation into service agreements with Water Service Providers.
- Ensuring proper management of assets.
- Developing concepts and project proposal for mobilization of resources.
- Developing departmental strategies, policies and plans to facilitate achievement of overall Board’s objectives.
- Developing monitoring and evaluation framework for the projects
- Training, development and motivation of the departmental staff.
- Ensuring that the needs of customers are effectively met.
- Has to possess a degree in Civil Engineering from an EBK accredited university.
- Registered engineer .
- Masters degree in Management ,civil engineering or related field
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in managing water and sewerage related services, five (5) years of which must be at a senior management position in the public sector.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with standard office and Engineering computer applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Water CAD, Civil 3D, Sewer CAD and AutoCAD).
- Good communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Water Sector structure in Kenya
- Familiarity with donor funded projects
- Extensive experience in managing, planning, designing and construction of large civil works and managing contractors.
- Experience in preparing strategic plans and plans of operations together with developing quality performance indicators
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams, and liaising with various stakeholders
- Familiarity with water sector reforms and their immediate and long term requirements
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent team leadership skills and people management skills
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on integrity and leadership. Please attach copies of compliance certificates from KRA, EACC, HELB, CRB and Certificate of Good Conduct from the CID.
Terms of Employment: The above appointments will be for three (3) years renewable contract.
Interested Applicants should send their resume and applications with relevant copies of academic and professional qualifications, email address, day time mobile and names of three (3) referees to reach the undersigned before or on Friday 20th April, 2018.
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
P.O. Box 673 – 50100 Kakamega
Tel: 056–2030795, 2031552
LVNWSB is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.