Vacant Position: Civil Engineer – Technician
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary Range: 40,000/ – 50,000/-
Job Summary: Our client is a flower firm specializing in growing and packaging quality flowers and distributing them worldwide.
They are seeking to employ a civil engineer technician to advice and lead a team in setting up green houses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate sites to determine the most suitable foundation for a proposed greenhouse construction
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Research and advise on the best engineering solutions according to the budget
- Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site
- Prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects, and supervise the drafting of plans
- Produce detailed designs and documentation for the construction and implementation of construction projects
- Organize the delivery of materials, plant machinery and equipment needed for the construction project
- Develop detailed programs for the coordination of site activities
- Analyze and interpret reports on labour, productivity, quality, materials and performance
- Arrange for geological and feasibility studies
Key Requirements and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Civil Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience in a busy construction company; those with experience setting up greenhouses will have an added advantage
- Registered with the necessary Civil Engineering bodies
- Leadership and analytical skills
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.