Job Vacancy: Climate Vulnerability Analyst
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a climate vulnerability analyst to provide technical direction and management for the Sustainable Water for the Mara Basin (SWM) Activity under the USAID Climate Change Adaptation, Thought Leadership and Assessments (ATLAS) project.
The climate vulnerability analyst will work with ATLAS’ climate change adaptation specialist and the SWM team to co-design and lead the field work in the Mara basin (in both Tanzania and Kenya).
The analyst will supervise local consultants, organize field schedules, direct the participatory field-based research, and contribute to the written assessment.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Co-design and lead the field work in the Mara basin to evaluate key economic sectors’ vulnerability to climate change and weather variability
- Co-design and lead field work and analysis to investigate the climate-related vulnerability and adaptive capacity of communities and sectors in two areas of the Mara basin: the Nyangores catchment in Kenya and the Mara Wetlands in Tanzania
- Supervise a team of two to three local consultants, directly managing staff daily, organizing field schedules, and directing the participatory field-based research
- Contribute to the written assessment, including evaluation of key sector risks due to climate variability and change, and recommendations to improve these sectors’ resilience
- Conduct meetings and maintain open communication with Tanzanian and Kenyan government officials, counterparts, and other relevant stakeholders in collaboration with the ATLAS team leader and climate change adaptation specialist
- Advanced degree in a related field, such as environmental or climate science, required
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience coordinating and preforming vulnerability assessments; experience conducting assessments at localized scales preferred
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience conducting analyses of climate risks
- Experience leading and managing assessment teams preferred
- Knowledge of geographic information systems preferred
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing and to work as part of a team
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working on similar activities in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably with experience in Tanzania or Kenya
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English; fluency in Swahili preferred
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Climate Vulnerability Analyst – ATLAS” in the subject line to email@example.com by May 1, 2018.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.
Climate Vulnerability Analyst
Life, Physical, and Social Science
|Company / Organization||
Chemonics International Inc
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Chemonics International Climate Vulnerability Analyst Job in Kenya