Co-operative Bank Kenya
Job Vacancy: Regulatory Affairs Manager
As a market leader, we have worked hard to earn our customers’ trust.
Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important for our success. We defend our integrity by ensuring the Bank is in full compliance with all legal standards, banking laws, rules, regulations, as well as internal policies, procedures and processes.
This is an exciting opportunity that will deliver value to the bank whilst horning your skills and giving you visibility within the Business. We are excited at the thought of having you as part of us.
This is a highly visible role which provides you with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s control environment and exposure to many business areas.
Reporting to Head – Compliance, the role holder will responsible for ensuring that the bank adheres to all legal standards, banking laws, rules and regulations as well as in-house policies, rules and procedures.
In addition, the role holder will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Proactively advise on and oversee the regulatory, conduct and reputational risk to facilitate business and assist senior management in ensuring that the business operates in accordance with all the CBK prudential guidelines and other regulatory requirements from our regulators.
- Develop, implement and oversee the quality assurance and regulatory compliance strategies of the Bank.
- Act as a liaison with the various regulators for regulatory instructions, advises and communication for compliance purposes.
- Develop and monitor programs to ensure compliance with several acts and regulations in conformance with industry standards.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Revise Bank policies and procedures and ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Assess the business’s future ventures and new products to identify possible compliance risks from a regulatory perspective.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments affecting the bank and its subsidiaries as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Communicate compliance-related issues to employees across all divisions of the bank. This may require deciphering confusing or abstract laws or ethics and determining how to establish and integrate best practices.
- Ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice, dissemination and implementation of evolving legal and regulatory changes/practices and associated risks across relevant business teams, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with hands on experience in handling AML/ CTF laws and regulations.
- Possession of Anti-Money Laundering diploma or Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) will be a distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge in laws and regulations applicable to the bank and its subsidiaries with ability to analyze the same and co-relate regulatory issues and business operating models.
- Track record of good judgment, enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of AML/CTF issues and the proactive management of legal, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Knowledge of prevention of money laundering and financing terrorism (AML/CFT) laws and regulations.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Develops self and team
How to Apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number RAM/CEO/2018 by Tuesday, 17th April, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.