Vacant Position: Construction Project Manager
The Organisation: Our client is a premier Real Estate development and investments company focusing on designing and building quality housing communities in East Africa.
The organisation’s core area of focus is on the design, build and management of quality, safe, value for money affordable housing schemes for two core market segments: Student Housing and Residential Homes for the middle-income market.
The Position: Reporting to the Chief Executive officer, the Construction Project Manager (CPM) will be responsible for supervising construction projects from beginning to end, and in ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget and the required quality.
- Collaborate with the design team including project architect, engineers and quantity surveyor to determine the specifications of the project.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors and other workers to reach profitable agreements.
- Secure building permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Prepare the project construction schedule and monitor and maintain the schedule on a weekly basis.
- Track the construction schedule to ensure the project is on time and within budget.
- Maintain contract documents and logs including: inspections, daily site reports, safety meeting reports, site visit sign-in sheets Ensure that all plans and specifications are issued to contractors and sub-contractors and vendors as well as to on-site staff.
- Examine all construction drawings and specifications for constructability and any potential building code violations and advise the Project Architect.
- Determine needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Supervise the work of the Clerk of Works and provide guidance when needed.
- Obtain and submit all as-built drawings, guarantees, warranties and required operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ensure all defects issues are resolved prior to occupancy.
- Be familiar with the Company’s policies on health and safety, labour etc. and assist in their successful implementation on all construction projects.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times and promote good relations and communications with all parties concerned with the project, including the public.
- Recognise, report and solve problems in a creative, positive and constructive way and make recommendations for improvements in systems, procedures and policies.
- Perform any other duties as required for project close-out, including participating in the final inspections and approval by the respective authorities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil engineering, building science, construction management or in a construction-related field.
- Professional certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the construction industry with at least 2 years’ experience as a Project Manager on commercial and residential projects.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good familiarity with construction/project management software.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- A team player with strong leadership abilities.
- Strong work ethic with high levels of integrity.
- Proven track record of success.
How to apply: Send CV by email to: email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and an updated CV in Word format.
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th April 2018
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.