Job Vacancy: Consultant & Trainer – Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
Our client is a well-established training and consultancy/ Advisory services provider in management training, advisory and evaluation services worldwide.
They seek to hire an experienced and competent trainer and consultant in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
She/He will acquire and generate work for him/herself and other colleagues, execute, manage as well as lead training and consultancy assignments within the area of planning, monitoring and evaluation:
Industry: Training and Consultancy
Salary: 250K – 320K
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, follow-up and respond to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the Eastern and Southern African region.
- Analyse and understand clients’ requests for service via an existing terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email
- Serve as team leader for multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others
- Steer the proposal writing process together with the project team.
- Come-up with strategies and write how you would approach the assignment i.e. methodological approach, methods used, work plan, budget, team composition etc.
- Represent the organisation during functions and participate in formal and informal gatherings in order to build a network of clients and partners.
- Manage expertise within projects, programmes, teams or organisations i.e. steering people, client management, financial management, knowledge management.
- Execute consultancies, open entry and tailor-made training assignments in area of planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans incl. the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
- Take the lead and steer a team of 2 to 5 colleagues/partners during execution of assignments.
- Maintain client contact during execution and contracting of assignments i.e. process management. Be the focal person for the client.
- Lead the report writing process and assure report quality.
- Maintain client and partner relationships.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Master degree or equivalent in (international) business management, Social Studies, International Development and/Relations, International Trade etc.
- 8-10 years of working experience in an international context.
- Background in service oriented positions i.e. business, advisory, international programme management.
- Regional and international working experience.
- Strong expertise with on-line data collection and analysis using mobile phone technology such as Kobo Collect, Ona and/or others.
- Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills via Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software.
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
- Strong participatory training and presentation skills/expertise.
- Ability to Work independently, be and take responsibility to the team and clients, practical approach.
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
- International and EAC and/or SADC working expertise.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Consultant & Trainer – Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation to Vacancies@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Friday, 13th April 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Consultant & Trainer - Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
250,000 - 320,000
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||