Job Title: Consultant Trainer in Operations Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Introduction: Indepth Research Services (IRES) Kenya is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in various sectors.
We are looking for a trainer to ensure the smooth and effective delivery of Operations Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Management courses in our organization.
- Design and develop training programmes (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on participants needs and wants
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge of Public Service in Kenya
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of clients.
- Familiarity with training evaluation techniques
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related field/position.
- Must be proficient with one or more relevant software in operations management, procurement and supply chain management.
- Must be proficient with Ms Office (PowerPoint, Ms-Word, etc).
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Ability to teach complex issues with simplicity
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Mode of Engagement: Successful consultants will be contacted whenever training comes up to offer services as an external consultant.
Mode of Application: If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply.
Interested applicants must send their cover letters, current CVs and copies of certificates/testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business of 4th May, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.