Our Client a leading organization in the manufacturing industry currently in search of an exceptional individual to fill the position of Cost Accountant in their Finance department.
Role Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine and implement cost accounting procedures and methods.
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of cost reports; providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Ensuring minimal variance between actual and standard costs
- Advising on product profitability and pricing structures, evaluating sanctions and monitoring contract prices renewals
- Performs various cost analysis procedures and perform cost allocations for distribution and manufacturing
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials and manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly and periodically gross margins by brand and by customer.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory and liability accounts by customer channel and category.
- Assist is various projects aimed at identifying and realizing cost savings.
- Preparation of financial reports for decision making including the Monthly Budget Control
- Review standard and actual costs for variances and report variances to management for decision-making purposes.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Participate in Work-In-Process, Engineering Stocks and Finished Stocks periodic stock take exercises verification of fixed assets and project evaluations;
- Overseeing inventory checks, obviously maintaining accurate accounts for Raw Materials/WIP/Finished Goods, Labor, Shipping, Customs & Duties, Overhead and everything else that goes into COGS.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory and gross margin schedules to management.
- Prepare collateral reporting.
- Participate in TREO processing and liaison with Customs & Clearing agents for imports.
- Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development on functions such as production, purchasing, import/ export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/ export IT, receiving, shipping and others.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Also helps in determining pricing of various product.
- Assist in establishing and reviewing performance standards and measures with a particular emphasis on areas with cost implications.
- Monitor on a continuing basis organization-wide KPIs to determine performance against targets on cost, productivity, efficiency, quality and timelines.
- Undertake special projects as and when required to do so by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Business/ Finance or equivalent is mandatory
- Minimum 6years’ experience in manufacturing industry mostly handling cost
- Candidates must possess CIMA/ CPA(K)/ACCA qualification or equivalent
- High numeric abilities
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP ERP
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating “Cost Accountant” by 23rd April 2018.