CPF Financial Services Ltd is a Retirement Benefits Schemes administrator registered and regulated by the Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA).
CPF currently administers the Local Authorities Pensions Trust (a Defined Benefit Scheme), Laptrust (Umbrella) Retirement Fund (a Defined Contribution Scheme) and CPF (Individual) Pension scheme.
We are seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented, experienced and skilled professional to drive the delivery of the expanded mandate for the following position:
Job Title: Risk Officer
Supervisor Title: Group Risk and Compliance Manager
Department: Risk and Compliance
Job Summary: The jobholder is responsible for carrying out risk assessments to analyze areas of potential risk and make appropriate recommendations and reports.
Risk identification and reporting
- Identify portfolio, operational, systems, resourcing and reputation risks and provide recommendations to reduce or control identified risks.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement through leveraging on technology and systems to support the risk management process in the organization.
- Present ideas through reports and presentations outlining findings and providing recommendations on mitigating potential risks.
- Enumerate appropriate quantitative and qualitative portfolio risk measures.
- Review and provide recommendations/amendments on investment prospects and other proposals presented.
- Prepare quarterly reports on the risk assessment.
- Enforce, implement and train staff on risk policies and procedures.
- Conduct quarterly risk reviews of company investments.
- Conduct risk assessments to analyze areas of potential risk in the investment and business support processes and reports on company wide potential risk areas and weaknesses.
- Carry out investigations on enterprise risk profile to certify that the company risk standards and criteria are met.
Research analysis and portfolio administration
- Keep abreast of on-going macro-economic developments and provide advice with regards to potential risk areas.
- Update and maintain relevant database to assist in performance measurement.
- Evaluate portfolio performance of companies together with the investment analysts.
- Attend risk champions meetings.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in a Business related field and professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, Actuarial or financial risk management.
- Two to three years relevant experience in a financial services organization or risk management function.
Skills and Competence Requirements
- Communication skills
- Report and minutes writing skills
- People management
- IT skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements stipulated for the above position, please write in confidence quoting the Position, Title and Reference Number on the subject of the email or cover letter by 11th May 2018.
Applications including your Curriculum Vitae, Contact Email address and daytime telephone contacts, Current Position and Remuneration, Name and addresses of three referees should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Additionally, the candidates should attach the following documents; all of which should be valid:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate by Credit Reference Bureau
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CPF is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.