Duma Works is recruiting a Credit Risk Analyst (Data Analyst) for one of our clients; a fast growing credit financing company in Nairobi.
Description: We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our team and help support our scaling up. Our team is doing cutting edge work in the field of Data Science and Machine Learning using unique data to give people in emerging markets access to credit – something that they’ve never had before.
This role will have extensive experience in developing credit and risk models in banking, finance, insurance, or similar. Our Credit Risk Analyst will work directly with Credit, Technology, Collections, Fraud and Operations Teams to develop and iterate models that promote our vision of providing affordable access to credit to Kenyans.
- Supporting the Head of Credit Risk in monitoring the company’s loan book portfolio in accordance with the credit policy.
- Appraising credit applications for new clients being on-boarded, as well as existing clients in compliance with credit policy guidelines.
- Development and production of monthly / weekly / daily MI reports to support the business across all aspects of performance and growth. Reviews of these reports to spot and identify unusual performance and/or trends.
- Conducting forensic analytics to understand and resolve analytical problems and understand the most detailed levels of the business performance Identify and propose improvements within the credit teams areas of focus: scorecards, performance, credit policy, collections
Qualifications & Skills:
- Local knowledge of credit landscape and challenges faced
- Excellent command of MS Excel
- Must be Proficient in Data analytics tools: SQL (preferably) / SAS / Python / R Business/ Statistics/ Computer Science/Degree or their equivalent
- Outstanding Analytical skills
- Highly entrepreneurial, comfortable with start-ups, ambiguity and taking initiative
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- 1-2 years’ experience in financial services, ideally with some experience in credit risk
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Credit Risk: Measuring credit risk and then developing financial model templates aimed at determining, measuring and monitoring the credit risk.
- Analysis and Numeracy: Proficient at performing analysis on sets of accounts and financial reports. Being able to read and interpret balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizes areas of weaknesses requiring improvements and makes recommendations to the management for consideration, approval and implementation.
- Operational Skills Understanding workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various business processes
- Prioritization and Decision-making: A successful track record in setting priorities as well as strong problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3230”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3230 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 30th April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Credit Risk Analyst (Data Analyst)
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||