Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks a candidate for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following position:-
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu County, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager, the Database Coordinator supports the implementation of the M&E system of the PMI VectorLink Project in Kenya.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in the collection, cleaning, analysis, and reporting of M&E data according to the project’s M&E plan.
- Tests and maintains functionality of the M&E database, including performing periodic updates and improvements.
- Trains data entry clerks and M&E assistants on the database needs of the program.
- Supports the preparation and set up of data centers before and during each spray campaign.
- Assists in the regular monitoring of project implementation against established targets and objectives, including supervising data collection in the field and data entry clerks at the data centers.
- Support proper record keeping, filing system and archiving plan for each data center.
- Supports periodic internal data quality assessments and prepares the project for possible external (DQAs) to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- Contributes to the project’s work in HMIS, and in linking country-level HMIS to project monitoring and evaluation, as appropriate.
Qualification requirements include:
- Secondary School completion (minimum), or a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, information technology, Community Health, Sociology, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience in database management, monitoring & evaluation, or other relevant social science activities.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of analytical software (Microsoft Access and Excel, SPSS, Stata, Arc GIS, etc.)
- Knowledge of health project implementation in general, with a focus on malaria prevention programs very desirable.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.