Christian Health Association of Kenya is a national faith based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships.
CHAK has been implementing TB programmes across the country through the support of the various national mechanisms and also through her member health facilities across the county.
WE are currently looking for seeking suitable candidates for various positions to support and implement a national TB programme under the anticipated USAID – Kenya Tuberculosis Support Program.
This is a large 5-year national programme that will involve the MOH, Nation Tb mechanisms and institutions and the county government’s health programmes and systems.
The program is expected to work in closes collaboration with other UG national mechanisms delivering on policy, Tb care and treatment, capacity building outcomes.
Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Technical Advisor
S/he will be responsible for technical oversight of the activity and is specifically responsible for project implementation that relates to the technical aspects of Tb case finding, diagnostic technologies and processes, treatment and care at facility and community levels.
He will coordinate issues on drugs and commodity supply logistics capacity enhancement and service delivery.
S/he is expected to set structures and processes of enhancing the MOH/ NTLD, KEMSA, and county government structures to improve policy and guidelines to guide the Tb case finding and treatment and also produce a national strategic plan to guide the road to the achievement of national Tb program goal.
The DCOP/SDTA reports directly to the COP and will take a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- A Master’s Degree in public health or related field.
- At least seven years of experience in managing and implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in a development context, with at least five of those years in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Kenya.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in project design of TB HIV technical activities and managing and supervising teams.
- At least three years demonstrated, recent experience within the capacity as senior staff in some aspect of TB, HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment; and/or quality improvement /quality assurance; health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
How to Apply
Applications with cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, and names contacts of three Referees should be send to
or addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Closing date for receiving all applications is 15th on May 2018.
(Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)
Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Technical Advisor - USAID Kenya Tuberculosis Support Program
Healthcare Practitioners and Technical
|Company / Organization||
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||