Job Vacancy: Project Manager – Digitization
Our client, a reputable IT firm offers solutions that include Cloud Computing, Unified Communications and Collaboration, Converged Connectivity, Mobility, Security, Internet of Things, M2M and Big Data Analytics, and are built on an infrastructure second to none.
They take care of the client’s technology needs so the client can take care of their business.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
- Define appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site and/or remote delivery
- Scope and estimate the engagement
- Determine required resources for the project
- Understand and can deliver according to the SAP delivery models – e.g. ability to engage local, near-shore and off-shore teams for most efficient delivery of project, ability to coordinate project delivery across organizational boundaries including participation of SAP and other Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ecosystem partners.
- Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
- Conduct project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, initiating to closing…)
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress, risks and issues to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
- Experience in delivering Time and Material (T&M) engagements.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Escalate issues early about the project to account management or delivery management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in SAP Activate methodology and Agile project management methodology.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
Coaching & Mentoring
- Position project management reviews with customers and effectively manages their deployment.
- Mentor project teams to ensure implementation of enterprise project management methodology, standards and processes.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work; provide performance input to project team members’ functional management.
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
- Industry and Solution Experience
- Experience in the industry the customer belongs to (core processes and trends of the industry) is a plus
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management business unit.
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
- Ability to negotiate consensus amongst diverse groups and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure.
- Conceptual analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and team members.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- 2–3 years of project management experience in project implementations using formal project management methodology, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Management and Leadership Experience
- Management experience of medium size multilayered team is desirable
- Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization) is a plus
- Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
Education & Certifications
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience
- Professional Training & Certification
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications an asset
- PM Fundamentals class certification or similar
- SAP Activate Certification C_ACT_2016 SAP Activate Project Manager is a big plus.
CANDIDATE MUST DEMONSTRATE HIGH PROFESSIONAL, MORAL AND ETHICAL STANDARDS IN ALL THEIR UNDERTAKINGS.
Qualified Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit a Cover Letter, CV in MS Word format only.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.