Job Vacancy: Solution Engineer – Digitization
Our client, a reputable IT firm offers solutions that include Cloud Computing, Unified Communications and Collaboration, Converged Connectivity, Mobility, Security, Internet of Things, M2M and Big Data Analytics, and are built on an infrastructure second to none.
They take care of the client’s technology needs so the client can take care of their business.
- Delivering an exceptional customer experience requires that we first seek to understand our customers, their business challenges and goals, then clearly communicate how the client’s platform and technologies can help. This position serves as the technical and solution expert within the Sales team to assist in mapping a customer’s needs to our application across multiple domain areas.
- Working as part our high-performance sales organization, the Pre-Sales Solution Engineer will work alongside sales and marketing team to carryout discovery with customers, understand their business processes, identify areas where the Client’s Technologies can help and provide software demonstrations tailored to their needs across a variety of solution areas related to financial and business reporting, compliance, technology and more.
- If you have an aptitude for learning technology, and you get excited about working with customers and prospects to show them how innovative cloud technologies can transform their business, then this is the role for you!
- Provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions.
- Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Understands the firm and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market.
- Assists in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required.
- Conducts research, answers question and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to technical staff and top management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverages sales knowledge, experience, and client relationships to support team members in closing new business engagements.
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to client solutions, and train the account team.
- Develops a compelling value proposition for our solution based on a solid business case and its overall impact on the client’s agenda as well as company goals.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into the client’s engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Leads technical sales calls.
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Professional Certifications in vendor focus solutions such as SAP, Microsoft, IBM and others will be a key deliverable.
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s Structure and produce compelling sales proposals, commercial and technical documentation.
- Interface with the implementation/project teams, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery.
- Act as customer stakeholder in bid and project teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Software engineering, MIS or Information Technology is preferable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of consulting experience delivering complex solutions, including but not limited to SAP
- Prior experience with sales processes including architecting and estimating solutions.
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, and skills related to working and resolving problems in customer accounts.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. They will spend a good part of their time in verbal one-on-one and one-to-many situations discussing a business and/or technical approach to solving a customer issue.
- Written communications skills are required to produce sales documents and templates
- Ability to coordinate and lead technical resources to architect a complete business and technical solution during the sales process.
- Candidate must demonstrate high professional, moral and ethical standards in all their undertakings.
Qualified Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit a Cover Letter, CV in MS Word format only.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April, 2018
Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Solution Engineer - Digitization
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||