Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC)
Vacancy Notice: G-Soko IT Officer
The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Rwanda.
Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within the Eastern Africa Region and beyond. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade.
In July 2015, EAGC launched the G-Soko System- an electronic system comprising of a network of systems with different functionalities- automation system for tracking grain bulking and warehousing, warehouse certification, virtual trading platform, market information system, quality control system and structured trade finance.
We seek to fill the above position with an individual who will be responsible for G-Soko IT technical support to ensure smooth running of the system and ensuring users get maximum benefits.
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties amongst others:
- Installing and configuring the GSoko hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining GSoko IT system and networks;
- Get in touch with GSoko users either face-to-face or over the telephone, to train them on GSoko processes or help set up systems or resolve technical issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving GSoko hardware or software faults;
- Identify the GSoko gaps and replace parts as required;
- Providing procedural documentation and relevant IT reports on GSoko;
- Liaise with the IT manager and support the roll-out of new GSoko applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Provide regular IT reports for GSoko performance, decision making and identify opportunities for innovation and foster the development of creative solutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree.
- Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A problem solver, team player and independent thinker.
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously. Be flexible and willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
- Ability to work well with GSoko users both individually and collectively.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please submit your application HERE demonstrating how your qualifications & experience matches our requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number by 13th April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EAGC is an equal opportunity employer.