EMCAST Inc. (South Korean EdTech company) seeks Primary Mathematics Teachers for a short term project based in Nairobi.
Tinker Education, the Nairobi branch of EdTech (education technology) company EMCAST, delivers STEM Education to children through computer science/coding.
EMCAST are currently developing a new program that requires Primary Mathematics teachers to conduct research and deliver online teaching.
We seek to hire two groups of mathematics teachers.
Group 1: Take math teaching videos by grade
(*Note: Curriculum, contents and teaching guide will be provided.)
Group 2: Create mathematics questions by grade to make a math question pool
- 2 months (May – June 2018)
- Full time (8am-5pm)
- Flexible work days
- Hold a degree/diploma in Mathematics Education or Mathematics
- More than 5 years classroom teaching experience for Group 1
- One-on-one tutoring experience is advantageous but not required.
Superior teaching skills with ability to deliver lessons in a straightforward, clear and impactful manner:
- Excellent Communication Skills: You must have a great command of the English language and be able to speak clearly to students.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand.
- You must work to keep the students’ attention.
- Organized, careful about time management, devoted to learning, and attentive to details.
Have mathematics knowledges and skills from Grade 1-9
<Documents to Submit>
- Cover Letter
- Resume must clearly outline:
○ Education background specifically university and major, and
○ teaching experience of mathematics in detail
- A 20 minute video clip of the applicant teaching one chapter from a mathematics curriculum for Group 1 (optional)
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 4th May 2018