Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks a candidate for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following position:-
Entomology Data Entry Clerk
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu County, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Technical Manager, the Entomology Data Entry Clerk will coordinate the flow of data from the entomology field teams to the lab, from the lab to the entomology database, and ultimately from the entomology database to project reporting.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Develop, update and load all data forms to the server needed for any field work or lab entries.
- Ensure that quality control and quality assurance measures are put in place and adhered to in all data generation and handling procedures.
- Perform back up of data and ensure adequate security for data sets and equipment used in data collection.
- File all paper forms and perform documentation of for both physical and electronic filing.
- Monitor daily transmission of data from the field to the server, performing daily data downloads of field data and verification with the with the field team for any cleaning.
- Work with field staff to ensure accuracy and help in trouble shooting.
- Perform data entry for laboratory and field generated data as required.
- Perform printing of all forms needed for both field work and lab procedures.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data as required by the Entomology Technical Manager.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Secondary School (Diploma A2).
- Experience in laboratory data entry work for at least six (6) months.
- Knowledge in computer skills (ability to work with Microsoft Access and Excel in handling data).
- Experience working with data handling programs such as Visual CE, ODK, Epi info and Comcare
- Knowledge of English both spoken and written
- Experience with entomology laboratory and field procedures is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.