Job Vacancy: Environment, Health & Safety Manager
Sheerlogic is seeking to engage a dynamic, competent and experienced EHS Manager.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Laws and requirements.
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization which should include first aid and fire marshals and other appropriate training for all staff.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory authorities on securing new, and reporting on existing operations, permits and licenses in a timely manner.
- Lead formal risk assessment for the evaluation and management of occupational EHS hazards across the company’s activities and branches /sites.
- Coordinate with various departments/ functional units to identify key risk areas and priorities, produce and maintain EHS risk registers.
- Engage with, audit and report on third party contractor required to meet EHS policy and procedures.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are recorded, investigated and corrective and preventive actions are taken based on the findings and maintain an incident Register.
- Prepare EHS internal and external audit schedules, ensure implementation of the same. The schedules shall include NEMA environment self-audit, OSHA audit, noise survey, fire audit and city council fire inspection and clearance.
- Conduct fire drills and co-ordinate Firefighting Appliances service.
- Schedule and facilitate Environmental Health and Safety committee meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate safety committee meetings at a minimum quarterly.
- Set EHS targets and goals for overall performance improvement.
- A degree in environmental science or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience…Industrial setting/manufacturing a distinct advantage
- Good IT skills
- Good communicatin skills
- Age 30-38, any gender
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2018 clearly indicating the job title.