Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks a candidate for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following position:-
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager focuses on surveillance and information management, monitoring programmatic IRS delivery, and evaluating associated epidemiological, entomological and environmental impact in targeted communities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the needs assessments and baseline surveys/data collection process prior to IRS campaigns.
- Lead establishment of routine M&E systems to support tracking of IRS program activities, progress, and performance.
- Improve programmatic monitoring efforts through managing the data collection of routine spray activities from county-based spray teams and reporting the data for internal and client use.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection.
- Ensure appropriate skills are maintained with the national and county IRS staff through focused trainings for continued maintenance of the established M&E tracking systems.
- Track and report data on all project indicators to the Abt Home Office, PMI/Kenya and PMI/Washington. This includes regular updating of the project’s official Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Provide overall technical guidance and supervision of the M&E team.
- Prepare performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as annual reports and other project documents.
- Conduct periodic internal Data Quality Assessments and prepare the project for possible external Data Quality Audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- The position requires frequent travel to IRS implementing counties and field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Masters Degree in a relevant social science field such as MPH, Environmental health, Community Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics.
- At least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in program monitoring and evaluation and in research, with previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable.
- Experience in MS Access, GIS applications; and GPS measurement data collection desirable.
- Experience with mobile phone programming for data collection and reporting.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID program monitoring and evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- English language fluency.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.