Vacant Position: Finance Manager
Salary: 200,000 – 300,000 depending on experience
Job Brief: We are manufacturing industry seeking to recruit for a Financial Manager. The Financial Manager will analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The incumbent will demonstrate their management skills and accounting expertise in a variety of corporate accounting practices, including overseeing the P & L Accounts, payroll and taxes, with vast knowledge of the current financial affairs and government requirements.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations i.e. Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts as well as Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues, update standard costs in the bill of materials, Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies, validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close, accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles and work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role i.e. AR, AP, GL and forecasting, budgeting.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations department and Sales team in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls. Issue project cost reports for review and approval
- Responsible for preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission Together with the Group Head of Finance, ensure timely closing of these accounts for reporting purposes.
- Develop and maintain internal controls and effective accounting system and policies for the set up. : Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
- Support the FC in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
- Analyses inventory and its processes and reports on improvements
- Work closely with auditors during and after for closure
- Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University
- Holder of CPA (K)
- 10 year’s relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly
- Relevant experience in audit and costing is advantageous.
- Working experience in SAP, Oracle is highly regarded
- Experience in utilizing computers, including word processing, excel, PowerPoint and sage or Pastel accounting software
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to stock to strong deadlines
- Vast knowledge on financial reporting
- Ability to relocate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Experience with ERP Financial System.
- Knowledge in financial laws
If you think you meet the requirements and have the skills please send your application with cover letter to email@example.com by 21st April 2018 mention your current and expected remuneration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted