Partners for Good
Vacancy Announcement: Program Officer – Collaborating, Learning and Dissemination
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Its mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking for a Program Officer to lead the development and implementation of a knowledge management and learning plan under the USAID/EMIRGE Kenya Program.
In collaboration with the Program Team Lead and HQ leadership, the Program Officer will engage project beneficiaries and other stakeholders in collecting, analysing and disseminating lessons emerging from program implementation, roundtable discussion and workshops, both internally and externally.
This is a full-time contract position for up to six months.
There could be a possibility for a contract extension or conversion depending on the program budget, priorities, and donor approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a detailed learning plan in close collaboration with EMIRGE Kenya Team Lead and HQ Team, to capture lessons learned from the program activities and disseminate them in various platforms such as the program learning website, reports, blogs, and relevant media outlets.
- Become immersed in ongoing project research efforts in coordination with EMIRGE and USIU-A teams. Draw on existing and ongoing research to create innovative thought pieces that contribute to ongoing discussions on relevant thematic topics in the areas of social capital, cooperatives and community resilience.
- Ensure that lessons learned and best practices are documented in innovative formats and that programmatic evidence-based knowledge and evaluations are gathered, extracted, managed and disseminated on an on-going basis.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing opportunities through roundtables, workshops, and discussion forums among cooperative stakeholders at the national and county level focusing on the program activities, and document relevant learning key points that can be disseminated internally and externally.
- Support country team lead, consultants and key partners and collaborators in identification of learning opportunities to ensure a pipeline of advice on all aspects of learning, as required.
- Contribute to production of key program reports and publications drawing on innovative use of technology for maximum consumption
- Perform administrative duties up to 15% of the time to assist with the writing of reports, communicate with HQ leadership team, and other tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
Skills and Experience
- Creative, results-oriented, and guidance self-starter with preferably at least two (2) years of experience working in progressively junior roles in learning, knowledge dissemination and/or communications in a development, humanitarian, academic, professional network or similar environment.
- Excellent writing skills required. Proven ability to draft and publish mid to high-level thought provoking, well researched materials.
- Excellent planning/organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous critical tasks.
- Strong ability and history of successfully facilitating outcome oriented roundtable discussions, workshops and forums, with the aim to contribute to the knowledge management and learning strategies of the program.
- Ability to travel domestically at least 15% of the time.
- Experience evaluating training and capacity building interventions, and/or experience in evaluation in the co-operative development.
- Ability to process and present information in creative ways to generate appropriate formats for different audiences.
- Ability to build consensus among peers, meet deadlines under pressure and work successfully with a diverse team and stakeholders.
- A strong interest or understanding of cooperative enterprises and inclusive businesses a plus.
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English.
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili.
- Based in the Nairobi Office. Occasional travel to other regions of Kenya.
- Extended periods of time sitting on a computer operating a keyboard.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com
Please Quote the position title on the email subject while sending your application, attach your CV and cover letter, to be received not later than 13th April 2018.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer
Program Officer (Collaborating, Learning and Dissemination)
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
, -37.800955618888544, 144.92407751065912