WE Free the Children a charity organization based in Narok South is looking to hire a High School Teacher for our Kisaruni Group of Schools – Milimani.
The main role for the position is to facilitate integrated and interactive learning for our high school learners.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Degree in Education Arts / Sciences in Mathematics & Business Studies;
- Valid registration by TSC;
- 4 years’ experience in teaching mathematics & business in a high school;
- Knowledge and experience in using computerized systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the academics calendar at the beginning of every term;
- Come up with a facilitation timetable for the remedial as well as the for the normal lessons during the day;
- Ensure learners have timetables and adhere to them during study through the supervision of the student peer teachers and academics captain;
- Be an advocate of good study behaviour and techniques (working smart);
- Ensure the learners who do well are given positive reinforcement and those who don’t are advised accordingly;
- Help the learners come up with their class targets through the help of class teachers at the first week of every term;
- Analyse and grade the results and announce the results highlighting areas of improvement or drop for some specific Individuals per class;
- Set deadline for setting exams in collaboration with the Academics master;
- Take on any other duty that will be reasonably assigned by the supervisor;
- Guiding the learners through subject selection in relation to careers of interest;
- Being vigilant at all times to ensure that school rules and regulations are adhered to;
- Performing any other duties that may be requested of you by the team members.
Key Areas to Success:
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work well with diverse teams;
- Application of collaborative learning methodology.
WE sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
While CV’s are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture.
We will consider applications on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Please send in your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com before 9th May 2018 and indicate your current salary in the CV.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org