The The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Employment Opportunity: ICT Technical Specialist – Nairobi
About the job: ICT Technical Specialist manages and organizes all ICT systems and services ¡n the location where he/she is posted. He/she assists the ICT Manager in designing and installing ICT infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and installs ICT infrastructure;
- Conducts regular physical inventory check and updates the database accordingly;
- Maintains adequate stock levels for required ICT hardware;
- Ensures that the existing ICT infrastructure is functioning at all times;
- Drafts and updates technical documentation for all IT equipment;
- Ensures that the ICRC Global/ Country level policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to;
- Trains end users on the ICRC ICT systems and updates them accordingly in case of any changes;
- Conducts training for ICT Technicians in the field.
- Degree in Information Technology;
- 5 to 7 years experience working in ICT environment and in a specialist! IT Engineer capacity;
- Windows Server Technology Certification;
- Security Gateway and Fire wall Certification;
- LAN and WAN certification;
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Wireless and VSat technologies;
- Experience in Project management and report writing;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a very busy environment;
- Willing to travel within Somalia and spend long period of time in the field.
- A dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework.
Availability: July 9, 2018
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com.
Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
The closing date is 26th April 2018.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICT Technical Specialist
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||