International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Employment Opportunity: Regional Production Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Regional Production Officer
Fixed Term Contract – 6 months (Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
Overall Responsibility: The Regional Production Officer is part of the Regional Communication Centre (RCC) based in Nairobi, and s/he mainly supports all English-speaking African delegations with their promotional items production, while defining their needs and in achieving high quality standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Production of Promotional Items
- Plan production based on delegations needs reflected in the Field Production Book to rationalize cost and ensure high quality;
- Research and develop promotional items related to events, anniversaries and campaigns;
- Ensure thorough quality checks of products;
- Prepare production planning and keep clients informed of all stages of production;
- Negotiate rates, production timelines, delivery dates and quality with suppliers;
- Ensure follow up of deliveries to client delegations by LON and comply with dispatch guidelines;
- Optimize the distribution of ICRC communication products to audiences, in collaboration with logitstic office
- Manage and promote the stock of promotional items, including stock movement statistics;
Support to the African Delegations
- Respond to individual requests from client delegations with regards to promotional items;
- Follow up projects from concept to full completion, following the related guidelines;
- Ensure compliance of projects with the ICRC visual identity guidelines;
- Promote and advise the client delegations on the implementation of the ICRC Visual Identity.
- University degree in Communications, marketing or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar function;
- Excellent knowledge of the production process of print, design and branding;
- Familiar with production soft wares notably Adobe suite;
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office tools especially Excel;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Swahili and preferably French as well;
- At ease with social media and new technologies.
- Capable of managing suppliers and multiple projects simultaneously;
- Attention to detail and service oriented;
- Autonomous, sense of organisation and priority;
- Flexible and solution oriented.
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org before 19th April, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Note: This is a maternity reliever position.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.