International Medical Corps
Employment Opportunity: Logistics Officer
Background: International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve quality of life through interventions that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
Since 1991, International Medical Corps has responded to the emergency needs of the Somali population through interventions in health, nutrition, WASH, and food security and livelihoods.
Task Description: In charge of the correct implementation of procurement guidelines, the Logistics officer will actively strive to keep apprised of International Medical Corps Logistics & Procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Execute duly approved purchase requests while following and documenting due International Medical Corps procurement process.
- Provide practical feedback on turnaround time and procurement process.
- Regularly update Procurement Tracking Sheet.
- Document receipt of procured goods/services using GRNs and delivery notes.
- Ensure timely submission of payment requests to finance after delivery of goods and services.
- In coordination with the program manager and Logistics coordinator, the Logistics Officer will carry out market analysis, screen and record suppliers through
- Bridger Insight and other International Medical Corps and Donor guidelines.
- Maintain and update vendor list on quarterly basis
- Maintenance of contract and Blanket Purchase Agreement schedules for each contract including start/end date and payment schedules
- Ensure that all International Medical Corps inventory are kept in a safe and secure warehouse with support of the Warehouse staff.
- Work with program officials to review program inventory needs and ensure that stocks are implemented accurately with high level of accountability to ensure no overstocking or stock outs.
- Ensure accurate record for all warehouse receipts and issues are updated at all times
- Send and receive deliveries of supplies from International Medical Corps field stations, partners and processes waybills.
- Send and receives parcel and supplies/equipment from International Medical Corps field sites and processes waybills and GRN
- Assists in preparation of distribution plans and documentation for GIKs and other supplies with the program and that all GIKs usage, distribution reports, waybills are updated.
- Carry out periodic stocktaking and checks as per International Medical Corps policy.
- Update the asset list, fleet report, procurement tracking sheet and GIKs report, this should be submitted every end of the Month.
- Assist with physical verification exercises and flag for disposal, any damaged or obsolete assets.
- Manage, update and track vehicle maintenance schedule and ensure vehicles are repaired and in safe and efficient working order
- Oversight of vehicle movement documentation i.e. checks vehicle logs to ensure proper documentation of movement.
- Review and analyze fuel consumption records per vehicle, flag any concerns and take the necessary corrective actions.
- Work with transport officer/drivers to ensure that vehicles are legally compliant and have all necessary legal documents.
- Generate monthly fleet reports
- Identify areas of improvement in transport officers/driver and facilitate capacity-building sessions, in consultation with the Logistics coordinator.
- Coordinate transport requests to ensure efficient use of scarce resources.
- Work closely with the program manager to ensure the procurement of the supplies according to the international medical corps procurement policy.
- Work closely with the Logistics Coordinator to prepare Monthly and Quarterly logistics reports.
- Compliance to all relevant International Medical Corps policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Skills and Requirements
- BA degree in one of the following field or related: Business/Trade, Supply Chain, Management
- With 3 years’ experience in Logistics/Procurement/Transport/fleet and stores management preferably with International NGO
- Good understanding of Logistics policies and procedures
- Honest, flexible, and trustworthy.
- Computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word, Email and Internet.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under unstable security environments, and administrative and programmatic pressures.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Good Command of oral and written English and Somalia fluency required
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills, analytic & pragmatic.
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and insight into health care issues
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and many administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Somali language
Duty Station: Mogadishu
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: somaliajobs@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
Please indicate the job title in the email subject line clearly.
Deadline for applications: 18th April 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS is an equal opportunity employer
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
International Medical Corps
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Mogadishu, Somalia, 2.0469343, 45.31816230000004