International Medical Corps
Consultancy Opportunity: Video Production Consultant
Background: International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve quality of life through interventions that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
Since 1991, International Medical Corps has responded to the emergency needs of the Somali population through interventions in Health, Nutrition, WASH and Protection.
- The overall goal of this assignment is to produce professional, high-quality audio-visual messages in order to increase awareness on key health messages and in turn increase uptake of health services and ultimately improve health outcomes. The detailed messages will be pre-determined by International Medical Corps. The consultants will produce short videos of 3-4 minutes and sound bites of 10-15 seconds.
- The concept of the video production will be developed by the consultant and approved by International Medical Corps. The 10-15 seconds sound bites will be a summary of the specific message in each video. These soundbites will also be at the end of every video.
- The engaged consultants will produce 16 videos each 3-4 minutes long and with 10-15 seconds long sound bites. The messages will be derived from Health, Nutrition, WASH and Protection sectors as will be prescribed by International Medical Corps.International Medical requires individual or consultancy firm with mixed expertise that can create the videos not forgetting the technical content of the key messages. The videos are meant to be used for awareness sessions.
- The consultant will provide all necessary filming, production, and post-production equipment. The contractor is solely responsible for all necessary arrangements for the production. All costs associated with the production will be the sole responsibility of the consultant and should be incorporated in the contract financial proposal.
- The consultant(s) will also establish operations efficiently in consultation with International Medical Corps to accomplish all other preparatory work. The consultant will be expected to hold early and intensive meetings with International Medical Corps. After detailed key messages are issued by international Medical Corps, the consultant will provide descriptive examples of how videos would be structured and most specific; production scripts during the pre-production phase.
- Final video content decisions will be discussed between consultants and International Medical Corps before filming begins.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Social work, Media Studies and or Communication.
- Degree in Public Health.
- A firm/consultant with relevant technical knowledge, skills and extensive work experience in designing and developing Social and Behavior Change messages, tools, content, and materials especially videos.
- Experience and the ability to write professional documents, the ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Mix expertise and experience of more than 5 years in communication, advocacy and gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
- Experience in production of high quality videos aimed at positively influencing social behavior.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Somali language
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Nationality: Somali National
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidate or consultancy firm that meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: somaliajobs@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
Please indicate the job title in the email subject line clearly.
Deadline for applications: 5th May 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS is an equal opportunity employer