Vacant Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Kenya
Reports to: Project Director
- Plan, organize and manage Help Desk staff to assure appropriate coverage to meet business needs and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and to achieve excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and continually refine and improve Operations, Help Desk, and NOC procedures, standards, and policies to conform to best practices and SLAs. Provide oversight of managed print/copier repair processes. Identify technology gaps and research and evaluate potential solutions.
- Develop, implement and continually refine and improve incident and problem management procedures and documentation to align Help Desk operations with best practices and addressing triage/analysis, response, resolution, escalation and communication.
- Coordinate with other IT departments and business stakeholders on technology deployments, system upgrades and maintenance outages. Communicate maintenance schedules, operational issues and impacts to IT management and business users.
- Develop and implement a Helpdesk performance measurement framework to facilitate feedback and scoring of team members on issues such as customer service, communication and technical skills.
- Create and maintain a training program for increased business, customer service, and technical knowledge.
- Facilitate the continued development of the KMS, and the overall process on moving to a knowledge management-centric help desk.
- Assist with customer inquiries and escalations as needed.
- Identify, measure, benchmark, analyze and perform regular review of capacity reports, scorecards and Help Desk performance metrics, e.g. service availability, ticket volume, resolution rate, time to respond, time to resolution, change volume and customer survey results. Analyze results for trends, process improvement opportunities and staff training needs and take appropriate action to improve results.
- Leverage company intranet site to expand self-service capabilities and communicate FAQ and system status information.
- Encourage communication of new ideas, solutions, suggestions and problems. Review for appropriate action or implementation.
- Participate in continuous learning and professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience Required: –
- 5 years of direct experience managing IT Operations and Helpdesk in an enterprise-scale, geographically distributed environment.
- Management/supervisory experience with teams in size of over 30 service desk/helpdesk support staff
- Working knowledge of Network and Systems operations (NOC), service-desk software, monitoring and automation.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office productivity suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Experience with technology implementations and upgrades, particularly support transition to the Help Desk.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate effectively to customers, peers and non-technical management.
- Experience implementing event management, incident management, problem management, change management, backup and recovery, and disaster recovery.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and experience training staff accordingly.
- Demonstrated logical thought processes, must have the ability to quickly learn new technologies, systems, concepts and procedures, and ability to utilize reports and data to improve operational results.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to make quick operational decisions and sustain productivity among competing projects and schedules.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize activities in accordance with available resources and business need
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, lead, coach, motivate and work through others to achieve desired results.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering
- Comptia A+
- Comptia N+/CCNA
- ITIL Service Operations
- PMP/Prince 2
All applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996