Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world.
In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
Jhpiego is the lead implementing partner for Afya Halisi, a USAID’s five year project which aims to deliver quality, integrated services in the areas of family planning (FP)/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the focus counties of Kitui, Migori, Kakamega and Kisumu.
We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent organizational and technical skills, who is a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Reporting to the MEL Specialist, the Data Manager will provide leadership in routine data management operations including supporting timely data collection and entry, data quality at all data points, processing, cleaning, analysis and managing the project databases.
S/he will provide support to research data collection and analysis efforts by the project including special initiatives, outlined surveys, studies and evaluations, participate in preparing for and playing a key role in data review meetings; reporting in USG’s Population Health and Environment System (PHES) and Trainet, writing donor reports and participating in dissemination forums.
- Ensure timely collection, processing, entry, processing, review and collation of project data for relevant indicators – from DHIS2 and other sources (health facilities and the community).
- Perform data cleaning and verify the authenticity and accuracy of the data before reporting to the donor.
- Work closely with M&E and IT teams to develop and/or review project data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids and templates.
- Provide technical assistance to build the capacity of M&E staff in database design, development and implementation; data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for project and relevant MOH staff in data management including analysis, use and dissemination.
- Develop and implement a mentorship programme for health care workers and other data handlers on use of MOH and other reporting tools.
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of Afya Halisi project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises.
- Under the guidance of technical team leads, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentation using appropriate software.
- Participate in project led special initiatives, surveys and studies and providing technical assistance in data management and report writing.
- Assist in writing of quarterly and annual project reports, and processing, review and submission of project data through PHES and Trainet systems.
- Assist in writing/editing guidelines/SOPs for data entry, management and analysis.
- Provide technical guidance in strategies for improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, and overall data dissemination and utilization at project level.
- Assist in carrying out data quality assessments to review quality of data at project level, DHIS2 and source documents at facility and community levels.
- Participate in data review meetings at various levels, including project level.
- In liaison with USG strategic information mechanisms, lead in project data analytics and visualization efforts to enhance data use at project, sub-county, county and national levels.
- Master’s Degree in public health, biostatistics, epidemiology, information systems or related field,
- At least of 5 years relevant experience with international development programs in FP/RMNCHAH, nutrition and WASH.
- Experience and skills in DHIS2 framework/instance and national HMIS system, including knowledge of MOH data collection tools for FP/RMNCHAH, nutrition and WASH is mandatory.
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS and EPI Info and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, R).
- Experience and skills in application of Geographic Information Systems
- Experience and skills in use of PHES for FP/RMNCHAH, nutrition and WASH reporting
- Knowledge of data visualization and business information software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in FP/RMNCHAH, nutrition and WASH is essential.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office
- Excellent data management and analysis skills.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 20th April 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||