The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat is looking to recruit for a Part-Time Accountant Position.
1. Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
The CJPC works to fulfil one of KCCB objectives, that is, to promote justice and challenge oppressive structures in society. CJPC’s broad aim is to sensitize individuals, communities, and the whole nation on justice, peace issues and their respective roles and duties in addressing peace, development, human advancement and watches human rights.
Description AGEH/CPS: All progress begins and ends with people and comes to success through interaction and dialogue. This is the firm conviction upon which the work of the Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH) is based. As the German Catholic agency for international cooperation, AGEH seconds qualified experts for development cooperation projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America or Central or Eastern Europe.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a programme implemented by AGEH and works to resolve conflicts constructively without recourse to violence. It is largely of preventative nature and involves the deployment of specially trained experts, Civil Peace Workers (CPS Worker), to crisis regions.
The CPS Worker provide support to local partner organisations that work to reduce violence and to help communities come to terms with past violence.
Since 2009 AGEH/CPS is working together with KCCB-CJPC to develop and strengthen peace building work in communities around Kenya with specific focus on resource conflicts, good governance and inter-religious dialogue. Currently Civil Peace Workers are seconded to partner organizations in Lodwar, Mombasa, Ngong and Nairobi.
2. Objectives and Expectations: The Financial administrative officer and advisor will support the implementation of the CPS program in Kenya with the provision of quality control and audit of the accountabilities of the joint projects. This support will ensure the quality of project accountabilities as well as the timeliness of handling of the accountability.
3. Tasks and Responsibilities: The Financial administrative officer and advisor will support the implementation of the program with the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Quality control and audit of monthly parts of accountability of each CPS project in Kenya on the basis of the AGEH CPS Finance handbook
- Give feedback on questions and shortcomings of quality to the CPS worker and accountant in the respective project
- Receive feedback and questions to shortcomings of quality by the AGEH finance department at headquarters and ensure clarification thereof with the CPS worker and accountant in the respective project
- Advise the CPS worker and accountant in the respective projects in all questions relating to financial administration of the CPS funds on the basis of the AGEH CPS Finance handbook
- Support the Coordinator of AGEH-CPS in all areas of finance administration of the CPS-Coordination budget
- Ensure the timely forwarding of the completely audited and approved quarterly accountability of the projects for final approval and further processing to the AGEH finance department at headquarters according to deadlines that apply
- Support knowledge management in the area of CPS finance administration
- Support the general administration of the coordination of the CPS program as per need and as requested by the CPS Coordinator
- Degree in Relevant area
- CPA K
- Experience in working in donor-funded projects and understanding the flow of project funds and requirements of accountability
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English
5. Management and Supervision: The Financial administrative officer and advisor will report to the CPS Country Coordinator in Kenya with technical guidance and support by the Financial Consultant of AGEH.
6. Performance Indicators
- Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility in #3 above.
- Personal Traits
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
- Good recommendation from own parish priest
7. Application Procedure
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 27th April 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Part Time Accountant
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) - General Secretariat
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996