The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the national administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which KCCB undertakes all responsibilities which express the KCCB mission in Kenya.
KCCB is the prime recipient of the grant entitled Kenya AIDS Response Program (KARP) awarded by US Centers’ for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
KCCB-KARP is seeking candidates for the following position to be based in Kisumu.
Associate Software Programmer
Position Summary: The Associate System Programmer will work closely with KCCB KARP technical team members and health facility team and is a dedicated resource for designing, developing, and maintaining EMR/EHR and a suite of other software applications.
The candidate will serve as a key software development focal person who can translate KCCB KARP data requirements into a final, robust, scalable, and secure software product.
- Enhance existing EMR/EHR by analysing program requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement;
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test the EMR/HER;
- Maintain existing EMR/EHR by identifying and correcting software defects;
- Engaging users and the program technical team in order to prioritize system feature requests;
- Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide the development and impact of the EMR/HER for KARP program;
- Work closely with Regional Data Managers in defining and achieving data quality objectives;
- Empower/train EMR users about functionalities of the systems
- Learn and develop skills to keep abreast with new technologies;
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the program;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Develop other software applications as requested;
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field
- At least three (3) years of system programming experience with responsibilities that includes software development, database development, system integration, data migration, and system performance optimization.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with EMR/EHR software is mandatory
- Experience in software development to include web applications, client-facing user interfaces, system integration and interoperability.
- Working experience with either ASP.NET and/or Java.
- Experience in mobile programming (android) is definite advantage
- Excellent understanding of modern database design and development (MS-SQL, MySQL, Postgres).
- Understands unit testing, APIs, JSON, jQuery, serialization, object oriented programming, data exchange, source control
- Ability to investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Prior experience with IQCare EMR is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborating and sharing ideas
- A willingness to meet new challenges with enthusiasm and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Statistical analysis skills and experience is desirable
For more details about the above position, kindly visit KCCB Website: www.kccb.or.ke.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 26th April 2018
Candidates to only submit application letters and CV’s.
Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted