KEMRI | Wellcome Trust
Job Vacancy: Programme Manager – Initiative to Develop African research Leaders (IDeAL)
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is one of the leading research centres in Africa.
The Programme engages ¡n a wide range of research on the main causes of ill health ¡n Africa.
In addition, KWTRP has a strong commitment towards developing local research leadership.
Most of the capacity building activities at KWTRP are managed through the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL) with funding from the Wellcome Trust and DFID.
The aim of IDeAL is to strengthen research capacity ¡n Africa through research training schemes ranging from attachments for school leavers and undergraduates,
Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, PhD studentships and postdoctoral fellowships.
We are now seeking to appoint a project manager who can provide effective and efficient day-to-day administration and management of IDeAL.
Applicants should have:
- A PhD in any discipline from a recognised university
- At least five years post qualification experience, three years of which include working as a project manager in research or capacity building initiatives or
experience in managing postgraduate training.
- Computer literate; proficiency in Microsoft Applications including project management software
- Demonstrable knowledge of the process of developing business plans, budgeting, and reporting to funder,
- A good understanding of the process of graduate training
- Experience ¡n developing or managing electronic students’ information system
For further information and application please visit http://jobs.kemri-wellcome.org/job-advert/programme-manager
The deadline for application is 27 April 2018.
Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
If you have any queries please contact IDeAL director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Only duly completed online applications will be will be considered.
Programme Manager - Initiative to Develop African research Leaders (IDeAL)
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
KEMRI - Wellcome Trust
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||