Human Needs Project (HNP)
Job Vacancy: Kibera Town Centre Sales Team Leader
Human Needs Project (HNP) is seeking a seasoned sales executive in Nairobi to significantly grow its business services in Kibera and generate a two-fold increase in sales revenue.
Candidates with 5+ years of experience closing sales deals and launching effective advertising strategies in distressed communities to scale business services should apply.
We encourage all senior sales representatives who want to be part of a global team focused on providing high quality and affordable basic human services that are transforming the lives of children, young adults and entire families in Kibera to apply.
HNP, a Kenyan social enterprise and U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit, builds sustainable community centers that provide slums with clean drinking water, washing facilities, toilets, and showers, as well as adult education, skills training, micro-lending, and Internet access.
HNP is a collaborative effort among academic, energy experts, and local leaders to build resilience in some of the most vulnerable regions of the world and to address the lack of basic services common in slums due to shocks and stresses.
HNP opened the doors of its Kibera Town Centre in Kibera in July 2014. Kibera Town Centre is a locally-driven, high-impact, innovative solution that provides affordable access to critical human services for thousands of people in Kibera with the skills to lift themselves out of poverty.
HNP is rapidly scaling up its sales and fundraising efforts to generate an increase in its philanthropic and earned revenue. We are quickly recognizing the value of sales and how pivotal fundraising is needed at our Kibera Town Centre.
This role will be to drive sales targets for the organization and cultivate customer engagements.If you have proven sales experience, strong skills in customer service, and a passion for helping distressed communities, we are looking for you!
The Kibera Town Centre Sales Team Leader will be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute a sales plan with realistic revenue targets.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will play a critical role in the implementation of HNP’s earned revenue business.
- You will research the local community to identify business opportunities, and create and implement programs to expand HNP’s sales potential.
- You will develop and maintain a positive relationship with team members and existing customers to ensure continued business and profitability.
- You will achieve sales goals and consistently grow our customer base.
- You will secure initial and ongoing meetings and conduct strategic and effective fundraising and sales presentations with representatives of education, corporate, nonprofit, and religious institutions
- You will cultivate existing accounts and generate new business.
- Be an extraordinary sales person who hits the ground running.
- Expert in Kenya culture and Kibera (bonus).
- Drive salesat the Kibera Town Centre.
- Build an annual Kibera Town Centresales plan.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Understand the mission and values of HNP and be able to professionally and eloquently pitch to the community, donors and customers.
- Create & articulate compelling impact stories about HNP and the Kibera Town Centre products and services.
- Accelerate customer purchases and interest in Kibera Town Centre products and services.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline and fundraising proposal calendar.
- Work with community partners to pitch HNP’s mission and values to donors and stakeholders.
- Manage sales and partnership contract negotiations.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with stakeholders.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- 5 years of experience in sales.
- Significant experience inproduct sales.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field is required.
- Exceptional public speaking.
- Experience working with educational or nonprofit institutions.
- Direct field experience in working in slums.
- Proven business planning skillset with exceptionally strong sales background.
- Exceptional strategic partner cultivation and customer service experience.
- Develop, manage andtrack sales pipeline and forecasting accurately.
- Establish partner relationships to encourage joint selling opportunities.
- Understanding of contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple industries to achieve results.
- Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Compensation Package: Human Needs Project offers a competitive salary and benefits package in Kibera. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Human Needs Project will be reviewing application until May 31, 2018.
1) A complete and updated CV.
2) A 1-page detailed cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position.
3) Email subject header: “Sales Position”
4) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please or visits to discuss this position.