Job Vacancy: WASH Infrastructure Specialist (Kitui and Makueni Counties)
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of WASH Infrastructure Specialist for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in nine target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Summary of Primary Duties
The WASH Infrastructure Specialist will support the Water / Sanitation Advisor to manage WASH infrastructure activities in the designated duty counties by providing quality assurance and quality control for the design and construction of small to medium scale WASH infrastructure, which are to be in compliance with USAID and Government of Kenya environmental and construction codes, reporting, and management requirements.
The Specialist will also monitor the performance and activities of the Engineer’s Representative for larger scale water infrastructure projects.
- Directly oversee WASH infrastructure projects and activities led by sub-contractors in the designated duty counties with majority of time spent in the field;
- Support production of Requests for Proposals/ Requests for Quotations/ Bills of Quantities (RFPs/RFQs/BOQs) and provide inputs on WASH infrastructure site selection, surveys and designs, specifications, deliverables and evaluation criteria;
- Participate in bid evaluation committees to select qualified construction firms (sub-contractors) or vendors for equipment and materials;
- Ensure timely completion of infrastructure activities in compliance with the contract requirements, (specifications, drawings, environmental monitoring and contractual conditions), USAID rules and regulations and DAI policies;
- Liaise and coordinate with County-based Government water/sanitation, education and health staff and beneficiary communities;
- Provide guidance on water supply and sanitation infrastructure design and construction to Water Service Providers (WSP);
- Provide guidance and inputs to the KIWASH team regarding infrastructure activities;
- Regular and timely inputs into KIWASH weekly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as annual work plan;
- Monitor the performance and activities of the Engineer’s Representative on larger scale water infrastructure projects;
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities.
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing WASH-related programs and/or water resources management at it pertains to water and sanitation services in Kenya;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related area;
- Conversant with Government of Kenya environmental and construction codes required;
- Experience in working on community-based water supply and sanitation program implementation essential;
- Familiarity with USAID environmental and construction codes, reporting and management requirements preferred;
- Knowledge and experience working on Kenyan water supply and sanitation issues in a devolved setting;
- English language written and verbal fluency.
Base of Operations: Kitui or Makueni with frequent travel within those counties.
Reporting: The WASH Infrastructure Specialist will report to the Water / Sanitation Advisor based in Nairobi.
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply online by April 17, 2018.
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible.
NB: *The position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.*
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
WASH Infrastructure Specialist - DAI KIWASH Project
Architecture and Engineering
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Kitui County or Makueni County
Kitui, Kenya, -1.3750813, 37.99521440000001
Kitui County or Makueni County