Vacancy Announcement: Legal Secretary
Our client is one of the leading Law firm committed to providing excellent legal service in Criminal Law, Banking & Finance, Aviation Law, Corporate & Company Law, Conveyancing & Alternative Disputes Resolution.
Are you an aggressive Legal Secretary who is confident, ambitious, resourceful and good with legal matters?
Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the legal sector in Kenya and beyond the East African region?
If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Legal Secretary.
Purpose Statement of the Position: The purpose of the role is to manage the secretarial and administrative section of the law firm.
This includes receiving and directing clients to relevant offices and Advocates, receiving and dispatching mails, filling and archiving of relevant documents for client cases, typing legal documents, management of the Advocate’s diary, receiving calls and advising clients in consultation with the Advocates and ensuring effectiveness and satisfactory service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining & updating the Advocate’s diary to ensure appointments & court attendances are well coordinated.
- Greeting and receiving clients and visitors and answering visitor inquiries.
- Ensure cleanliness and organized arrangement of the reception area for optimum comfort of guest s and clients.
- Attending to clients & providing advice to clients as may be directed by the advocate.
- Receive incoming calls and accurately route calls to the correct staff.
- Gather, manage and disseminate information to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Manage, sort and distribute incoming mailings, deliveries, faxes and other communications, as well as facilitate the dispatch of outgoing communication.
- Perform standard office tasks, such as filing and maintaining records, copying documents, scheduling appointments and answering questions for visitors.
- Take minutes during meetings and dictation from Advocates
- Collate all documents required for court cases and conveyance meetings and ensure they are ready and in order
- Attend to clients and provide advice to clients as may be directed by the Advocate
- Facilitate opening, managing, maintenance of client files and filing documents into the client files
- Type, proof read, edit and print letters and other documents on word processor.
- Draft and dispatch letters to clients and ensure they have been served with the letters and documents relevant to the case or meetings on time.
- Diploma in Law with Secretarial Studies is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy and reputable law firm undertaking secretarial work.
- Must have excellent skills in Communication and Public Relations.
- Be ready to work under a very demanding schedule with ability to handle pressure.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Excellent communication, presentation, research & analytical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills
- Developed interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with clients and individuals at all levels across the Firm
- Ability to foster positive relationships with all individuals across the Firm
- Must have high moral integrity and character
- Highly organized and good time management skills
- PC and other relevant technology competencies (e.g., Microsoft applications)
- Focused on performance and results
- Poised to work under pressure with very little supervision
- Focused and inquisitive learner, proactively pursues opportunities to build expertise and skills
- Desire and ability to learn from and confer on an ongoing basis with other Advocates of the Firm when the handling matters with a view to continuously developing professional knowledge and expertise;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and focus
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 18th April 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.