Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager
Industry: Logistics – Clearing & Forwarding / Freight
Our client one of the world’s leading providers of integrated freight and logistics is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the running of all departments in the organization.
- Ensure proper reports are given, oversee general report review of the managers monthly and weekly departmental meetings
- Review financial statements with the Finance manager and Finance Director to check on the profitability of the organization
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Revenue Generation by creating new sales and business opportunities for the company through opening new accounts, giving quotations to clients as needed
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance
- Oversee to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of departments and facilitate coordination and communication between departments.
- Review, implement and ensure the company’s sales and marketing strategies are met to spur growth in the organization
- Work closely with other members of the team in compiling proposals as well as closing sales deals
- Identify customers’ requirements and provide solutions that meet their requirements
- Identify, initiate and pursue strategic contacts within key accounts, developing a network of key decision makers at strategic and operational level
- Producing a market intelligence report on competitors’ activities with a view of increasing our market share
- Alignment of the departmental functions, developing and managing a customer retention programme (CRP) that shall constantly illustrate success
- Oversee the review of the company’s progress, achieved goals and liaise with all management levels to assist in developing better strategic plans for operational activity.
- Any other duties as instructed by the managing director
Qualification and Experience
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field
- 5 – 10 years senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff
- Must have a good understanding of the freight and logistics industry
- Analytical and decisive with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of programs and strategies
- Good customer service and public relations skills
- Result oriented and be able to execute and develop marketing strategic plans
- Good communication skills
- Aura of responsibility, be energetic, have integrity and display intelligence
- Proven track record is essential
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com or before close of business 20th April, 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.