Vacant Position: Logistics Manager
Industry: Retail Consumer Electronics
Salary: 250K – 350K gross
The client is a leading company in distribution of Consumer Electronics based in Kenya.
The company seeks to urgently recruit a customer-focused, results-oriented and efficient individual to fill the vacant position of Logistics Manager that will be based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing strategic plan for Logistics and Warehouse department, maintain stock accuracy, ensure smooth flow of logistics & warehouse activities, minimize losses through damage to goods and ensure timely delivery of goods at appropriate cost and carry out people management function for the department.
- Efficiently plan for logistics centre operations entailing receiving goods, storage and dispatch.
- Review systems and internal controls with a view to enhance efficiency.
- Control performance of picking and consolidating goods and send to all related distribution channels.
- Make sure all goods are put on the right PGH positions, then do consolidating and staging processes.
- Follow up and solve problems of all product discrepancies and daily trouble shooting.
- Ensure optimum space utilization in all the storage locations.
- Liaise with imports department on ETA status of goods on sea, for planning of storage space.
- Ensure maximum use of the current Warehouse Management System to improve tracking and reporting of product distribution, storage and inventory.
- Ensure efficient use of delivery vehicles.
- Negotiate with transport suppliers for competitive rates in liaison with the Accounts department.
- Eliminate obsolete stocks, reduce aging products and ensure no damage to stocks.
- Cultivate and maintain cordial working relations within the organization and externally.
- Maintain optimum staff levels and efficient use of equipment.
- Monitor and make sure that all handling equipment are in good condition.
- Ensure that the department and team objectives are achieved.
- Carry out stock takes and share other reports as requested by management.
- Responsible for building strong warehouse culture, coach supervisors, identify skills and opportunities for team development, delegate and provide guidance when required.
- Ensure security of all company resources under your responsibility.
- Propose and implement best practices in the department.
- Enforce Health & Safety rules and regulations and champion the implementation of company HSE policy in all business decisions and activities carried out.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates to support the business.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field.
- Must have experience in warehouse management function as a Manager for not less than 7 years.
- Advanced computer skills in warehouse management systems (WMS) and ERP software a MUST.
- Professional membership certification e.g. CIPS or other relevant body will be an added advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge Outbound & Inbound process flow i.e. (FIFO), systems understanding.
- Proven ability of developing relevant Standard operating procedure (SOP) for Logistics and warehouse operations.
- Hands on person who is quick in dealing with ground level operational issues.
- Should posssess People Management, someone who can manage a team of 8 staff.
- Has prior experience using scanners for picking items (wave system).
- Individual should be exposed to racking system and use of pigeon holes for holding stocks.
- Strong people management skills and a person with good conceptual skills.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the opportunity, please share your CV containing and e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience and contacts of three referees to email: email@example.com by COB Monday 22nd April 2018.
Logistics Manager - Retail Consumer Electronics
Transportation and Material Moving
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
250,000 - 350,000
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||