Vacant Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented and experienced thorough Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of our Client’s premises.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines.
The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Ad-hoc assistance to other maintenance teams
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Certificate in HVAC, Building Maintenance Technology or Relevant field from a recognized institution will be a plus
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Valid license to practice profession
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 17th April 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.
Architecture and Engineering
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||