Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) ¡s a faith based not-for-profit organisation registered as a Trust of the ecumenical partnership of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
MEDS was started in 1986 with the core mandate of providing reliable, quality, affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services.
MEDS has partnered with Afya Jijini / IMA World Health to build integrated, holistic and sustainable health systems that increase access to quality health care, with an emphasis on vulnerable people.
It is therefore seeking candidates to fill in the following position:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Medical Laboratory
Reports to: Medical Laboratory Specialist
Job Purpose: To offer Laboratory Health Products and Technologies support, Laboratory Systems Strengthening, Management and Capacity Building Support for effective and sustainable health care services
Duties and responsibilities
- Support in developing and reviewing health service delivery policy guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and manuals for Medical Laboratories;
- Support in conducting training, mentorship and on-job training for laboratory healthcare workers for delivery of quality health services;
- Support in coordinating laboratory products and technologies in Afya Jijini Implementing Health Facilities for adequate stocking levels;
- Support in the implementation of project activities for improved medical laboratory services, especially supplies and equipment.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- At least three years proven experience Donor Projects.
- The successful candidate needs to demonstrate: strong written and verbal communication skills, mentorship skills and quality audit skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae to:
Human Resources Manager
by Friday, 13th April 2018
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.