Our client, a Microfinance Firm in Kenya is urgently seeking to recruit an Accountant.
Job Salary: 40,000
Reports Direct to: Finance Manager
Reports Indirect to: CEO
Job Location: Nairobi Kenya
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems (Bankers Realm)
- Monitor of cash flow situation of the Institution and update the departmental head of the cash flow position and any need for inter-bank funds transfers
- Liaise with all accounts assistants to ensure timeliness of flow of data for monthly report preparation.
- Ensure that the files for bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and Cheques are up to date and are kept safely and available to authorized staff only.
- Maintain the asset register.
- Prepare and process of vendors payments.
- Prepare of end month journals for posting in the system. And thereafter undertake the monthly sub ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure payment of all branch expense claims and that adequate amounts are available in the respective branches, to enable continued sustenance of branch needs.
- Assist the departmental head in budget preparation and consolidation.
- Help in facilitating the work of Internal and External Auditors and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations.
- File company statutory returns (WHT, Excise duty, PAYE, NSSF and NHIF)
- Administer the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave) and other authorized pay deductions
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and HR department to prepare accurate inputs, deductions and computations for monthly payroll processing for all staff.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly payroll cost analysis and reports by including summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and leave days
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting
- CPA qualification Minimum Part two.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy financial institution
Organisation and Administration Skills
- Excellent organisation, time, work and self-management skills
- Ability to establish daily and monthly priorities and activities and manage own diary
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor own and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned task
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and team as a whole
- Ability to motivate others by personal modelling, professional credibility and trust
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com by 9th April 2018.
Clearly indicate ‘Accountant Position’ on the subject of the email.